As we all know that Excel and Word are made by the same company named as Microsoft Corporation, but both programs are different from each other. If the user is trying to open an Excel spreadsheet in the Microsoft Word, then these resulting documents are full of machine language by rendering it unreadable. You can easily use the Word’s Object command to open an excel spreadsheet in a document, or you can also copy and paste between both programs. Sometimes, if the Excel file is very large to copy or Excel is not properly loaded on the system, then there are free file converters which are available to convert an Excel file into a Word format can easily open.
Here we provide you some steps of how to open an Excel spreadsheet in the Microsoft Word. The steps are in very simple language but always try to follow these steps in an ascending order to avoid the trouble and saves your time and efforts. The steps are mentioning below-
Steps to Open an Excel Spreadsheet in Microsoft Word
There are three easy ways by which you can simply open an excel spreadsheet in Microsoft Word.
Insert Object Command
- Click to open Word documents.
- Now, slightly move your cursor, where you want to locate the Excel spreadsheet.
- Then, click on the “Insert” button in the Ribbon,
- Click on the “Object” in the “Text” option.
- Now, click on the “Create from File” option in the Object dialog box.
- Click on the “Browse” option and navigate that where the file is located.
- Then, click on the Excel “File Name” option.
- Click on the “OK” to insert it into the Microsoft Word.
- To save the space in the Word document, you need to check the “Display as an Icon” in the checkbox.
- To link the file, verify the “Link to File” checkbox and then the changes which you made to the Excel file are automatically updated in the Word file.
Copy and Paste
- Click to open the Excel and also the document to move to the Word.
- Then, choose the Excel file by clicking on the Control+A key which is a shortcut for Select All option.
- Then, click together Control+C keys which are the shortcut for Copy.
- Now, open the Word and also the document where you want to move all the Excel information.
- Then, try to move the cursor where you want to place the Excel information.
- Then, click on the Control+V key which is the shortcut for Paste. Then the Excel information is automatically pasted into the Word file as a table, that you might need to regulate the page orientation which before inserting an Excel spreadsheet in the Word document.
Online File Converters
- First, use your Internet browser to go to either on the Convert XLS to Doc Online or Zamar. These are some free online file converter websites which can be used to convert an Excel file into other.
- Click on the “Browse” option and then search the Excel file on the hard drive.
- Then, click on the “Open” option to upload the file to the website. If you are using the Zamzar tool, then choose “RTF” as the file conversion option. Word can easily read the Rich Text Format (RTF) files, and Zamzar tool does not offer to convert to DOC sites.
- Fill the email field on Zamzar tool completely download the file instructions which is sent to you. To Convert the XLS to Doc site, you need to click either on the web browser or prompt the radio buttons to have the converted file that appears as a web page or saved to the hard drive when the adjustment is completed.
- Convert the file by clicking on the conversion button. One of the tool Zamzar will send an email when the file is completely modified with some significant instructions on how to download the transformed file.
- On the Convert XLS to Doc site, the transformed file will appear in the web browser, or you might be asked to open or save the file in Microsoft Word.