Email users are now continuously harassed by spam emails, advertising emails or unwanted emails. If you’re are also frustrated by this, and your email inbox is full of unnecessary email, then read on.
Here is how to get rid of this and prevent emails from a specific emails address to reach into your Gmail and iCloud mail inbox.
How to block an Email address from Gmail on iPhone
- Open a ‘Web Browser.’
- Go to https://www.gmail.com/ through the browser to open Gmail.
- Enter your ‘Gmail ID and Password’ and click on ‘Sign in.’ If you’re already signed in then, you don’t need to sign in.
- Scroll down through the Gmail inbox and find the email from the address, you want to block. You can also directly search for that into the search box by typing the name associated with the email address.
- Click on the email to open it.
- Now, click the ‘Downward-facing arrow’ icon or more options button. It is on the upper-right side of the open email screen. Clicking this will open a drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Block (with Name)’ in the drop-down menu to block that email address.
- Click blue ‘Block’ button in the confirming window to confirm the block.
Doing this will block that email address and add it into your Gmail account’s block list. Now you’ll no longer receive the emails from that user. And the older emails from the blocked email address will move into the spam folder you can view them there.
How to block an Email address from iCloud Mail
- Open a ‘Web Browser.’
- Go to http://www.icloud.com/#mail through the browser to open iCloud Mail.
- Enter your ‘Apple ID email address and Password’ to login into your iCloud Mail account. If you’re already logged in, then you’re on Apple Mail’s inbox.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ (gear-shaped) icon in the bottom left corner of the Page to open Settings. Clicking this will open up a popup menu.
- Click ‘Rules’ into the popup menu.
- Click on ‘Add a Rule’ (blue color text) at the upper-right side on the Rules window. Make sure you’re on the Rules tab at the top-right corner of the Rules window.
- Select ‘Is from’ into the top dropdown box of “If a message.”
- Enter an ‘Email Address’ into the box below the “Is from” heading. To add the email address you want to block.
- Click the drop-down box just below to the “Then” heading.
- Select ‘Move to Trash and Mark as Read’ into the drop-down options.
- Click ‘Done’ at the bottom of the menu.
Doing this will create your rule, and now emails from the blocked email address will directly move into the Trash.