After a succession of preview versions, finally, Microsoft came out with an official version of Office 2019. However, it is a stable version, which means that you can easily download, install and activate and use it right now without even worrying about any fatal errors which you found in the beta versions earlier.Since Microsoft Office 2019 only works on Windows 10, if you are using any previous version then you will be unable to install it.
Microsoft Office 2019 is available to purchase and download for those who don’t want any rolling subscription to Office 365. Instead, you have to pay just once for Office 2019, and then after you can keep it forever.
Why Purchase Office 2019?
Microsoft would like much somewhat you have to pay a monthly fee for Office 365, but if any user prefers a one-off payment, then office 2019 is the best and wonderful option to go for. And after buying Office 2019, you will get the same software, including Word, Excel,PowerPoint, and also Outlook, but what you don’t get are the Cloud collaboration features of OneDrive or continued feature updates through the year.
More importantly, you can only install the Office Setup on one computer, and the Office 365 ups that limit to five.
New Features of Office 2019
Office 2019 came out with a number of new features,you must have to know more about, while the Office 365 subscribers will have already seen this and most of them roll out: better translation and text-to-speech capabilities, a new Focus mode in Word for distraction-free reading, better smart email sorting in Outlook, and also some amazing PowerPoint transitions.
Steps to Download, Install and Activate Office 2019
Step-1: Download Office 2019
- Navigate to www.office.com/setup.
- Then, if you are not signed in,choose ‘Sign in’ option.
- Now, sign in with that account you are associated with this version of Office 2019. This account can be a Microsoft account, or work or school account.
- After signing in, you need to follow the steps which match the type of the account you are signed in with.
- Signed in with a Microsoft Account.
- Signed in with Microsoft school or work account.
Signed in with a Microsoft Account
- Initially, Choose Install Office, from the Office home page.
- Then, select the Install option.
Note: by default, it installed the 64-bit version. However, if Office detects you have a formerly installed 32-bit version, this version will be installed instead.
Signed in with a Microsoft School or Work Account
- Choose Install Office page from the Office 365 Homepage.
- After that, choose Office to begin the installation process.
Now, Office 2019 being downloading, follow the next step to the complete the installation process.
Step-2: Install Office 2019
- Press Windows + R to open ‘Run’prompt in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.
- Alternatively, Chrome users select‘Setup’ option, and Firefox users choose ‘Save File’ option.
- Next, a User Control prompt will appear on your screen and says, ‘Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?’
- Then, choose ‘Yes’ option.
- Now, the process of installation begins.
- Wait for few minutes until the installation process is completed, theny ou see a phrase says, ‘You’re all set! The office is successfully installed now.’
- After that, an animation plays show you where to find Office applications on your computer system.
- Choose ‘Close’ tab.
- Lastly, follow the instruction appears on your window to easily find your Office apps.
Step-3: Activate Office 2019
- Start using an Office application by opening any Office app such as Word, PowerPoint or Excel.
Generally, Office is activated when you start an application, and after then you click on the ‘I Accept’ to agree to the License policy.
Ricky johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup