ActiveX Controls are impressive and useful applications which will help the sites to get high data content such as- videos and specific games. Besides that, they are able to guide you on how to access content such as- toolbars and stock tickers while browsing the web. However, these are very useful, these applications show up as a risk to those browsing online, especially when they malfunction, something simple common yet go unnoticed.
When such an event happens, sites might be able to force infected or useless content into your computer system, get the essential data from your computer system. Installation unwanted software on your computer system, or damage the system internally. Besides this, it may be used by any hackers to access your network.
ActiveX Controls for Internet Explorer 11
To save your computer system while using ActiveX controls, you need to activate ActiveX filtering on your computer system.
More about ActiveX Filtering:-
To blocks websites from installing ActiveX controls to your system, you can use ActiveX filtering on Internet Explorer 11. As no doubt that these controls are essential for playing certain games and videos, they will be affected by ActiveX filtering, and the user also would not be able to play the same. On that situation, the website would try to deactivate ActiveX filtering, as per user convenience.
How to turn ON ActiveX filtering for all websites?
- To do this, you need to launch the Internet Explorer 11 and then click on the gear-like symbol that is placed at the top-right corner of your computer screen.
- After that scroll, your cursor to Safety option and then you have to check-mark ActiveX filtering from the list by clicking on it.
How to turn OFF ActiveX filtering for individual websites?
Please Note: You should turn OFF ActiveX filtering for trusted websites only.
- First of all, you need to launch the website for that one you want to turn OFF the ActiveX filtering.
- If the ActiveX filtering is not enough for all websites as mentioned in the last process.
- Then it would show you a blue circular symbol like a stop symbol in the address bar, that is the Filter button.
- Now, click on the Filter button and then Turn off ActiveX filtering.
How to turn OFF ActiveX filtering for all websites?
If the ActiveX filtering has activated as we have discussed in the first method, it will appear you the Filter button on every site and prevent ActiveX controls from each of the websites.
To turn it OFF for all websites again you need to follow this given path: IE11 Settings >> Safety as in the first method and then click on the ActiveX filtering again to uncheck it.
How to Change ActiveX settings?
- To do this efficiently, you need to click on the Tools button, that is a gear-like symbol placed at the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer window and then on Internet options.
- After that, you need to navigate to the Security tab and then select the Custom level.
- Now, you need to search Find ActiveX controls and then plug-ins in the list that is set in alphabetical order already.
Please note– All of the ActiveX settings would be a subset of this option. You need to modify them as per your requirements.